Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finding Leslie

 Did you ever wake up at some point in your life and wonder how you got there? To that place, or condition, or in a certain lifestyle? I have. Somewhere in marriage, pregnancy, nursing, dirty diapers (OH the diapers!!), starting my business, in the general business of making a life, I lost myself.

  I lost some of my dreams - or rather gave them up for other dreams. I stopped putting any importance on my health, my convictions, my SELF. My life is full of the stresses of motherhood and business, and I've let it define me. I don't like what I've become. This journey will hopefully continue throughout my life, and I'll probably fail (and I don't like to fail!!) more than once, but hopefully I will find Leslie. Her hopes and dreams, her love for life, and her "light", I want it all back. We are all on a journey - some of us, like me have just lost track of the destination. Want to journey with me?

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!!!

    I know all about losing yourself! I have had some big changes happen to me in the past few years and I am totally different to who I used to be and I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, this is exactly how I feel! I'll totally come along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with the other ladies here. It's so easy to lose ourselves because as women, we tend to devote 100% of ourselves to our families...thus losing ourselves completely. I'll journey with you! In fact, I've already started this journey and I am discovering things about myself I've never known before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been nominated for an award!

    Check it out here:
    http://thepursuitofhealthy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you as well... =)

    http://33sprincess.blogspot.com/2012/10/look-what-i-got.html

    ReplyDelete